Monday, January 11, 2010

Hot times on the trail


Brett and Roz were at the National Road Bike championships, Steve was still on his Queensland Road Trip and Rod was at the beach so it was only Tony and me from our crew who were out for a ride. We were joined by a guy called Paul who has ridden with us just a few times (rides an Epic and very fit). The forecast was for 40 plus degrees so we met at 7.00am to try and get our ride in before it got too hot.


We did old Murrays out to the Res and then new Murrays back to Spring Gully (or is it the other way around). I really need a map of all these tracks but I guess finding your way is half the fun. Paul showed us a new way to ride Tony's crossing (see photo) and we met up with two bikers called Brian and Glen on the track who were on their way to Mt Herbert. Glen is entered in the Otway so we will see him then if not before.


A pinched sciatic nerve the week before (from bending over to put on my work shoes) combined with a borrowed bike (thanks Flash) took the shine off my ride but the positive was my leg felt better the day after the ride.
Ride time 2hr 15 mins 36 kms

No comments:

Post a Comment