Saturday, September 11, 2010

It FELT like the right time for a change

After being a devoted member of the GT family for the past 5 years GT and I have decided to go our seperate ways. GT got me into mountain biking and have provided me with many hours of fun and exercise (as well as a couple of big crashes) and I will always have a soft spot for them. But from the time I first laid eyes on the Felt Virtue I knew that one day I would get one. That moment finally arrived when I was surfing the net and saw an offer for a runout model too good to refuse. After a quick test ride at the bike shop I was sold and then it was just a matter of checking with the finance minister and the deal was done. The guys at "My Mountain" offer great service and do a full measure up and bike fit to make sure you are in a comfortable and efficient riding position so you can take full advantage of your new bike. The other bonus is that there are some good looking guys who work in the shop. So get in and check out them and the bikes.
I have taken it easy on my first few rides but early impressions have been very positive. The Felt is lighter than the GT which is one of my criteria that has to be met whenever I upgrade. It also has a full XT groupset and Shimano brakes. The GT had a front rotor the size of the moon so I am feeling a little down on braking power at the moment but the Shimano devotees in the crew assure me that I will be satisfied as soon as they bed in properly.

The Felt showing it is ready to take on anything the trails can put in its way
So now Phil is the only GT man left in the crew and there are rumours about  that he may be switching brands in the near future as well. We will just have to wait and see but for now we can add the Felt name to Giant, Specialized and GT as bike brands endorsed by the Sunday Morning Crew team riders.

2 comments:

  1. That bikes taking a wee stop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bloody hell dave, that thing can climb !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete